Yoga Teacher Training
Next course starts July 2017!
Register before May 31st for Early Bird Pricing!
200 & 300 HR Yoga Teacher Training
We are proud to offer teacher training with Yoga Forte, a Registered Yoga Alliance School at Sacred Soul Yoga.
The definition of Forte is, "An area in which you are strong or
good; an area of expertise, something in which you excel."
It is the goal of this RYS for you to excel in teaching yoga!
For questions regarding teacher training, please call Kathy at (817) 688-3622
Training includes 6 Modules, meeting the second weekend of each month- Fri. Sat. & Sun.
Make up sessions will be offered although we encourage you to attend each module as scheduled.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to teach
a powerful yoga class with artful sequencing in the lineage you choose.
There is not one yoga for every body. Learn the skills to teach many
The 200 Hour Course is designed for those who wish to begin teaching yoga, or those who want to learn more for their own personal practice.
In the 200 Hour Course, you will learn:
- The Key principles of teaching yoga to any level of student in any of the major forms of yoga.
- The anatomical and physiological foundations of a good and safe yoga practice based on Western medical science and research.
- Systems of chakras and energy meridians, based on Eastern medical concepts of yoga.
- Asana training practices, focusing on safe and strong alignment.
- To use all of your senses, understanding your students’ needs and movements. We will go far beyond scripted instructions.
- The most effective assists and cueing methods in order to modulate the intensity of training.
- Foundations of Eastern and Western philosophy of yoga and how to integrate yoga’s rich history within our modern life.
You will have many opportunities to practice teach live, in studio sessions with teacher trainees and studio students in a supportive and positive environment.
After meeting the requirements for this program, you will be eligible to be credentialed as a 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. All modules must be completed in order to achieve certification.
The 300 Hour course has been created for those who have already completed their 200 Hour training, wish to advance their teaching skills and learn leadership techniques.
In the 300 Hour Course, you will learn:
- How to facilitate and coach trainees in a 200-hour program or other yoga training modules to enhance leadership skills.
- To offer meaningful feedback to teacher trainees providing successful trainee learning.
- To teach for multiple levels of students including beginner, intermediate, advanced, seniors, physically challenged, and more.
- In-depth study and practice of asana, sequencing, alignment, learning to teach and assist advanced postures.
- New yoga styles such as Yin, Restorative, Nidra, Prenatal, or Yoga for Children.
- In-depth studies of yoga philosophy in the lineage(s) of your choice.
- Advanced skills to design and lead two specialized workshops of your preference.
You will have many opportunities to coach, give and receive feedback, and practice teach live, in studio sessions with teacher trainees and studio students in a supportive and positive environment
Upon completion of the this program, you will be eligible to be credentialed as a 500 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. All modules must be completed to receive certification.
Yoga Forte is lead and directed by Kathy Ross, RN, E-RYT 500
$100 Deposit (non-refundable, goes towards the program cost)
Fridays 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Saturdays 8:30am - 6:30pm
Sundays 8:30am - 4:30pm